I am pleased to announce that a new release of the libvirt-glib package, version 1.0.0, is now available from
The packages are GPG signed with
Key fingerprint: DAF3 A6FD B26B 6291 2D0E 8E3F BE86 EBB4 1510 4FDF (4096R)
Changes in this release:
- Switch to new release numbering scheme, major digit incremented each year, minor for each release, micro for stable branches (if any)
- Fix Libs.private variable in pkg-config file
- Fix git introspection warnings
- Add ability to set SPICE gl property
- Add support for virtio video model
- Add support for 3d accel property
- Add support for querying video model
- Add support for host device config for PCI devs
- Add docs for more APIs
- Avoid unused variable warnings
- Fix check for libvirt optional features to use pkg-config
- Delete manually written python binding. All apps should use PyGObject with gobject introspection.
- Allow schema to be NULL on config objects
- Preserve unknown devices listed in XML
- Add further test coverage
libvirt-glib comprises three distinct libraries:
- libvirt-glib – Integrate with the GLib event loop and error handling
- libvirt-gconfig – Representation of libvirt XML documents as GObjects
- libvirt-gobject – Mapping of libvirt APIs into the GObject type system
NB: While libvirt aims to be API/ABI stable forever, with libvirt-glib we are not currently guaranteeing that libvirt-glib libraries are permanently API/ABI stable. That said we do not expect to break the API/ABI for the forseeable future and will always strive avoid it.
Follow up comments about libvirt-glib should be directed to the regular firstname.lastname@example.org development list.
Thanks to all the people involved in contributing to this release.